1 (edited by gamerx 2012-03-04 13:07:46)

Topic: Fireface 800 standalone question

Either I just can"t catch a break, or am going crazy or a little bit of both. fryingpan

I set up my old fireface 800 as I normally do and am using it as a source/mixer that outputs ADAT into my Babyface. Everything works fine, but suddenly after not touching anything for almost a week , fireface 800 doesn"t seem to work in standalone mode or at least the way it used to ( or as I remember it to ).

If I connect fireface 800 to a laptop and set all of the totalmix routings and save all of the settings to flash, plug adat cable into babyface, all is well. I can disconnect that laptop, fireface 800 keeps working and  I use the other laptop to which baqbyface is connected. The problem appears when I turn fireface 800 off and than back on. No sound coming through adat and no sound within fireface 800 either. If I connect headphones to fireface 800 there's no sound there either even though I am playing through inputs 1 and 2 and I can see level leds light up above microphone inputs if I tap microphones. It seems once I turn the power off it has to be reconnected to a computer before it will start working again.

As far as I remember that's not the way it's supposed to be. I should be able to hear anything I plug in whether it is connected to a pc or not, right? ( as long as the last totalmix settings are observed and I'm playing through same inputs ) Even if I turn the power off and come back tomorrow and turn it on without being attached to a pc.

Re: Fireface 800 standalone question

You also have to flash the mixer state separately from the settings. (Options/Flash current mixer state)

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

How are these settings stored in the Fireface? Is there a battery? Could the battery eventually lose charge?

Frank Lockwood
https://LockwoodARS.com
Fireface 800, Firmware 2.77
Drivers: Win10, 3.125; Mac, 3.36

4 (edited by gamerx 2012-03-04 18:27:48)

That was it. Flashing the mixer state. I should have added getting old, senile and forgetful to my list of possible causes of my problems ( going crazy or unable to catch a break not enough  ) HeadScratch

I swear I did go back through the manual and I didn't see that I had to flash the mixer state too, but I knew I had forgotten something. That's why we post here I guess.

Thanks.