Topic: HDSP 9632 Driver - Setting WDM samplerate from DSP Settings dialog

Matthias,

any update on the "Setting WDM samplerate from DSP Settings dialog" function for the new HDSP 9632 Driver on Windows XP SP3? Version 3.27 doesn't support it anymore. This was working so nice in version 3.085 and older. With active DDS the system (WDM) couldn't change the sound card's clock and so all WDM stuff got automatically resampled in the background to the fixed DDS sound card clock.

Opening and closing WDM and ASIO applications and multiclient operation was much more problem-free and user-friendly (no unexpected sound/pitch changes) than with the current 3.27 version.

Hope you can bring back that killer feature ...

Thanks and best regards!

Re: HDSP 9632 Driver - Setting WDM samplerate from DSP Settings dialog

I'm confused. The sample rate IS set in the Settings dialog, and WDM does not change it. Are you complaining about a feature change in all drivers since 3.085, or just the latest one?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Dandruff 2012-03-07 12:27:14)

WDM is changing sound card clock in Windows XP with driver 3.27!

With the old driver (3.085) I could fix the samplerate via DDS to 48kHz. Playing an 44.1kHz MP3 via Windows Media Player didn't change the clock to 44.1 kHz. Sound got resampled to 48 kHz. Starting an ASIO application  (at 48 kHz) at the same time didn't result in a change of the Windows Media Player sound.

Doing the same thing with driver 3.27 causes the clock switching to 44.1 kHz. Starting an ASIO application  (at 48 kHz) at the same time now results in a change of the Windows Media Player sound (sound gets pitched up).

For my workflow this was better with the old driver.

Matthias, I think you even confirmed this issue sometime ago. You said it's working under Vista or Windows 7. You just didn't know when there's time to "fix" it for XP ...

That may be. Sorry, but we are soon working under W8, so XP has working drivers (3.085), and newer (W7) drivers with a different behaviour, and that will most probably be it. I can't predict if the next W7 driver (which will be there shortly after Frankfurt) can fix that old behaviour for XP.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, let's see. Thanks!