Topic: HDSP 9632 mother board compatability

HI
I bought RME HDSP 9632 pci from online store . It is being shipped now and will arrive after a few days .
I have a laptop but I have to bought a pc to run the HDSP 9632
I have noticed that there are many kinds of motherboards and pci slots

1- which motherboard do you recommend?
2- what type of pci slot I have to use for this card?

My best regards
Abo nada

Re: HDSP 9632 mother board compatability

1) No specific recommendations. Asus, Gigabyte, Intel, etc. usually work well.
2) Regular PCI... There are no different versions as such.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

There is a lot of positive talking about the - Asus P8Z68-V / Pro / Deluxe GEN3 boards. And I've actually heard from a guy here, that you can run the HDSP 9652 at the lowest 32 sample buffer, on the PCI -> PCIe bridge. This is actually more than I expected from the bridged stuff. If this is 100% true and audio stable, I hope I don't have to buy a new RayDat card :-)

SLL

RME Raydat, Asus Z370-A prime, i7 8700, Noctua D15s cooler, Corsair RM850x, Crucial 32GB DDR4 ram

I use an asus z68 v le motherboard with 3 HDSP 9632 all with ai and ao. No problem with this mb except with the third card makes hammerfall exe off when power on. All i have to re-open the exe with an shortcut. I f you want to buy an mb, look on Intel website,mb page,choose a chipset you need and explore in technicals documents. Find block mapping and look how pcie,pci,usb....are they connect and how many there are. Look for many pcie directly connected to northbridge (easy to read on bock mapping) for most performs with pcie cards. Many mb factory replace pci to pcie. I think it's better to buy an mb look's like Intel pcb,for more compatibility. Many mb factory mades funny mb for the gamers.

ARPEGEC²

Mr. ARPEGEC²
Thanks a lot for replying . This is my motherboard
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb … /overview/

Is it ok ?
My RME 9632 will arrive after 3 days so please answer me !!!!

I am currently having major noise issues with the GIGABYTE P67a (rev B3) motherboard and my HDSP 9632 + balanced breakout cable.  This is the motherboard that came in my custom built DAW from StudioCat.com (purchased a month ago).  Trying to work it out with RME support right now but it doesn't seem to work with this motherboard, so if you (or anyone) is researching I would cross that one off the list for now