Topic: no input signal from multiface 1 in cubase sx 1 and Win7??

hi,

recently i got a re-recording job for my band´s ten years old cubase projects :-((
New singer, old songs you know...;-)
Normally i use Cubase 4 / Win 7 / Multiface 1 with pcie w. latest drivers und flash update. Everything works fine in this combination.

But Cubase 4 doesnt load any Cubase Sx 1 Projects!

So i wanted to use Cubase Sx1 for the re-recording job.

The Problem:

Cubase SX recognises all Multiface Inputs and the Outputs as well, so they appear as VST Outputs and VST Inputs in the Cubase Menu. I chose the rme asio driver in cubase.

Only the Outputs work and give a signal out,  but i can´t see any reaction at the input meter in cubase. Its like dead. So i cannot record anything.

In RME´s hdsp mix software, the input meters react perfectly to any connected signal. As well as the output and playback signals/metering. Has the hdsp software problems with such an old cubase sx version?

Any idea?

Is that a driver problem? Should i downgrade? Anybody her with SX 1 and WIN 7 RME drivers??

i´m getting really desparate

yours sincerely,

fanko

Re: no input signal from multiface 1 in cubase sx 1 and Win7??

You forgot to set up the VST connections?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

no,

the vst inputs are all switched on in Cubase / Geräte / VST Eingänge. They show MULTIFACE ANALOG 1 2 , 3 4 and so on. The Button Active is blue.

In the menu "Geräte konfigurieren /VST Multitrack/ i chose Asio Hammerfall Dsp, direct monitoring on.

Any idea??

thank you :-)

fanko

Have you got it confirmed from Steinberg that SX1 will work on W7?

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

You talk about the inputs, not the connection from input to VST (F4).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME