Topic: FRYING noise with ufx and pro tools9 software playback

hi, i have recently purchased a ufx. it seems to be working fine and im really impressed, except, regardless of how i route total mix, i cannot playback anything from protools without it distorting to extreme levels. input to protools seems fine, and even imported files i know are fine still play back distorted. does any one have any ideas why? i have been trying to work it out for over a month now, and still no luck... latest version of rme updated, and pro tools 9.0.6. everything works perfectly except software playback tracks...HELP!!!!!!!- thanks

Re: FRYING noise with ufx and pro tools9 software playback

Have you tried software playback from any other DAWs than ProTools?

Where exaclty does the distortion occur? Have you tried resetting the mixer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks for your replies. as for DAWs , no, i only have protools. i am not entirely sure where, but all coming from any of the outs is massively distorted when any software playback tracks are used, or showing any signal at all. i can play into protools and record fine, but any playback has the issue... thanks

ok, just logged onto youtube, and all playback from the imac (exactly the same routing) plays back fine through software playback AN 1/2. This sounds like a protools issue??? any ideas anyone?

most probably this is not gonna help you, but while waiting for a useful reply you might try if it's the same when playing back audio from different harddrive, internal for example.

I would suggest to test e.g. Reaper also.
When using PT, is the signal visibly overloading in the software playback section of the mixer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME