Topic: BabyFace Convert multichannel audio from optic in to stereo out

I would like to use BabyFace also with my TV. but i have problem with all multichannel sources.
Is it any way to get sound from TV?

Re: BabyFace Convert multichannel audio from optic in to stereo out

If the TV has a digital optical output you can connect it to the digital input of the Babyface and route the signal to the main out. Or use a RCA to XLR cable to the Babyface analog inputs.

best regard
sKnut

The BF can not decode or mix down surround signals in e.g. AC3 format. There may be software solutions that can do so, but I don't know any, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Admin Knut wrote:

If the TV has a digital optical output you can connect it to the digital input of the Babyface and route the signal to the main out. Or use a RCA to XLR cable to the Babyface analog inputs.

best regard
sKnut

heh - i know but if source is multichannel - i hear only noise from my speakers sad

heh - i know but if source is multichannel - i hear only noise from my speakers sad

What format of multichannel audio? Already decoded sound? How do you connect the TV to the Babyface?

best regards
Knut

i have used optical out on my TV and connect it to optical in on Babyface.
But if i have movies with stereo audio in it - its OK. if it 5.1 - i hear only noise

ncux.cz wrote:

Obviously - because, as I said, the BF can not decode such 5.1 signals. Switch the output fomat of the TV's optical output to PCM, then it will work. The TV will do the downmix to stereo in SPDIF format.

Regards,
Dniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i havent found such option on TV.. seems that TV only forward audio signal as is..

Please check the manual. I am pretty sure there must be such an option. DVD players have it....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

no way to convert signal to stereo on TV..

Then I'm afraid I have no immediate solution, sorry...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

is it any hope that it will be in near future?

No, decoding of surround signals in hardware (like AV receivers do) is not planned. Try googling for software solutions.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME