Topic: upgrade path thwarted? (expresscard34 vs 17inch laptop)

My PPC powerbook's dead. So now my PCMCIA card hasn't got a slot to live in.

Rather not by a 17" laptop but it looks as if the expresscard34 isn't available in anything else after late 2009.

Does anyone have any information to counter that? Any suggestions?
The present plan being hold on to my multiface as long as possible, especially since buying a computer might cost a few dollars.

best,

Rick

Re: upgrade path thwarted? (expresscard34 vs 17inch laptop)

I thought the same until I started to do some research and there are some small laptops around with Expresscard slots (again):-).  This news might be a little late for you by now given your original query was almost 5 months ago.  I had started looking around for a replacement to a Lenovo tablet Core 2 Duo that I have an original PCMCIA Multiface in but with some more grunt.  I'd originally started looking at an ultrabook but realised this was a DeadHorse as they don't have a slot in them then came across a Fujitsu with an ExpressCard slot and there are still a couple of Lenovos with the E/Card.  There are a few others of similar size as well, not perfect for what I want but perhaps the only ones around. 

By the way are you still using the older 54mm PCMCIA or do you have the newer 34mm ExpressCard, if the former does it work with a PCMCIA/ExpressCard adapter?