Topic: UFX Midi Out on Firewire doesn't work with analog Synth

UFX Midi out on firewire works fine with digital synths and digital interfaces, but with analog interface ( Doepfer A 190-1 ) Doesn't work.
I've been testing with many digital synth as Mini Korg and others and no problem, but with analog, seems as if the UFX has been sending lees or more messages than needed.

Sending Midi to the same Analog interface (Doepfer A 190-1) with the UFX connected via USB everything works fine, The same analog module connected with another interfaces via Firewire also works fine, so it's not Doepfer problem it's RME's problem.

I've been trying to solve this problem for months with no answer from RME support, does exist any RME support??.

What is absolutely clear you can test it if you want/can is that UFX connected via Firewire doesn't send the appropriate MIDI messages for an analog synth with an analog MIDI interface (not Moog as it has a digital interface)

Please RME guys solve this problem !!!!

Re: UFX Midi Out on Firewire doesn't work with analog Synth

You could connect MIDI Out to In at the UFX and record the incoming MIDI sequences with a usual (free) MIDI monitoring tool. Sending the same data from your Sequencer you would be able to see the differences of what goes out via USB and via FW.

That said we are not aware of any difference, but of a major compatibility problem that is still unsolved because we can not reproduce it (MIDI on FW does not work at all for some customers).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK MC i could do that, but then, what ????

Should i feel happy Because some customers doesn't have MIdi on FW and i have a Bad Woking One ???

I think that with the price that we all customers have payed you Should be Abel to reproduce anything and if you have a non working Midi you should low your prices, Just Because quality is wath we payed for, not this.......

Don't talk for others if you don't know what you talk about. The numbers of users with that specific problem (FW MIDI) is far below 1%.

If you do the above and could give us two files (and/or the differences) we might be able to search for the cause of your problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok MC which kind of file do you need (Could be a Cubase 5 file?) and where should i send it.

Cubase 5 - not sure, it might filter the stuff we need to see. But you can try. Just send it to me.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME