Topic: Firewire or USB adapter for my Multiface?

I don't think one exists, but...

I love my Multiface.  I use it with the RME PCMCIA card in my laptop and with the internal card on my studio computer.

My laptop is getting old.  Almost time for a new one.  I'll have to get an RME HDSPe Express Card.  But I'm looking around at computers and it looks like the Express Card slot is fading away.  I was surprised to find that the 15" MacBook Pro doesn't have one.  The 17" ($$!) is the only one that Does.  Dell doesn't seem to carry this slot any longer...

It would be GREAT if the smart folks at RME would create an adaptor that would allow me to use my Multiface box in a Firewire or USB slot.

Any thoughts on this?  Has this already been proposed?

Re: Firewire or USB adapter for my Multiface?

Sorry, this is technically not possible - or it would be done a long time ago. The only working alternative solution is the Sonnet Thunderbolt to ExpressCard adapter.

best regards
Knut

Thanks for that, Knut.

I figured as much.

So, which laptops are people using for the RME Express Card these days.  The only one I can find is the 17" MacBook Pro.  I've been looking all evening and haven't found a PC alternative yet.

Thank you for your help.

Tim

All Macbooks/iMacs with a Thunderbolt port can work with the Sonnet adapter. For a dedicated PC please contact a special audio PC builder in your country.

best regards
Knut