Topic: UFX: effects on ADAT chennels?

Hi,

currently I have a FF800 and am running Protools 10 and Digital Performer 7.2.4. I have a Behringer ADA8000 which I have connected to the ADAT-1 output of the FF800. I use that for routing 6 separate headphone outputs to my Furman headphone distribution unit. it works great.

I am considering upgrading to a UFX. I'm wondering if I can use the built in UFX effects on the ADAT channels for the headphone mixes? currently I use some reverb and delay from my UAD2 cards for tracking, but it does take up some CPU even tho they are running on the card. I would appreciate some confirmation before I spend the $$. The only othere interface I am considering is teh UA Apollo, which apparently can facilitate this.

that said, I have always been happy with RME products and would prefer to stay with their devices. :-)

thanks

New Mac Pro, 16 GB RAM, Antelope Orion32, ProTools 11, UAD Octo, Tonelux OTB 16, and lots of toys...

Re: UFX: effects on ADAT chennels?

I'm wondering if I can use the built in UFX effects on the ADAT channels for the headphone mixes?

Yes. Please have a look on one of our tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5i3s29 … plpp_video

best regards
Knut

Re: UFX: effects on ADAT chennels?

thanks... looks like it does what I need.

New Mac Pro, 16 GB RAM, Antelope Orion32, ProTools 11, UAD Octo, Tonelux OTB 16, and lots of toys...