Topic: HDSP 9652 Live and Recording

Hi,
My,or my band live and recording set-up and than question:

* i5 2400,Asus mobo,Windows 7 64-bit,Cubase 5 ( Cubase 6.5 comming)
* RME 9652  (Upgrade from E-MU 1616M...Very bad support,that is the reason)
* 2 Behringer ADA8000 Adat ( All we need is 16 channel for now)
*Real Drums or E-drums both triggering Superior Drummer 2.0 via MIDI
.....................................................................................................
We insist on playing clubs,rehersals,using VST(Eq,Comp,Delay,Reverb in Cubase 5)...Direct Monitoring,and at the same time record every show,every note that we ever play in Cubase 5.(Multitrack of course). We mix ourselves both FOH and monitors on stage. For the last three years we practiced this on a two core processor, XP and E-MU 1616M plus ADA8000. Worked like a charm, but we decided it is time to upgrade to the above stated equiptment. We expect more stability and even lower latency on stage and famous RME customer support.
.....................................................................................................

Please help us with our new setup:

* How do I connect two ADA8000 with RME 9652 and make 16 channel ADAT synched and ready to go in Cubase 5? (48000, 32 bit).
The question is about who is master, who is slave, and what to set on ADA8000 + Cubase 5.
* Since we only play drums triggering superior 2.0 it is very important that the MIDI is also synched.

Thanks.

Re: HDSP 9652 Live and Recording

The topic was just dicussed on this forum in great detail: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13969

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks!There is a lot more to say about this subject,but your answer or direction was weary helpful.Any other links with accent on people using RME Live on stage?Not only recording.Recording is easy.The future is in Live and recording.Anywone who is using computer as a powerful digital mixer live?

4 (edited by horizon 2012-03-15 10:38:42)

We use the hdsp 9652 for live and recording too. We use a Focusrite Octopre Dynamic as the Frontend, and a 6 channel headphone mixer for InEar monitoring.

Reaper is the DAW, and our PC is an old 2GHz Intel Dualcore with 2 Gb RAM (PC will be replaced soon with a rack mounted newer one) and windows7

after tuning the win7 with this very helpful tweaking-guide (only in german...) ....the Buffersize is 32 on the hdsp 9652!
http:www.timos-welt.de/win7/

The Guitars are "amplified" with line6 Pods and the drumkit is a roland td-20.
BTW we play modern rock/metal....and it sounds great. I´ll never go back to 4x12 cabinets and analog mixing consoles....

sorry for my poor english...