Topic: 9652 Install Problems

I just picked up two used HDSP 9652 Rev 1.6 cards from an acquaintance - one for me and the other for a friend.

After installing them in a PCI slot on my ASUS P6T SE Motherboard, neither is being found by the computer.
After rebooting, the "Found New Hardware" does not pop up. Neither does the card show up in the Hardware
section of the Sound control panel.

This PCI slot/bus worked fine for another Audio card which I have removed temporarily to test the new 9652s. (I have
ordered a PCIe - PCI bridge for permanent install).

I DL'd the correct drivers and firmware, but of course they would not install, since they saw no card to "drive".

Any thoughts?

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks

Ted

Re: 9652 Install Problems

1) Which card is this exactly?
2) Which driver?
3) In case of Win7, did you see this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel for responding.

(My first experience with RME, and the UFX is interesting me, so this response is encouraging. Unlike another Co that I'm actually a dealer for who have not responded to a support request sent 10 days ago).

1) The cards are the HDSP 9652 (not the Digi 9652). Both say Rev 1.6 (I know there was an issue with similar symptoms with Rev 1.4 and earlier in some systems). I don't know if there's any further detail to relay. Please let me know where to look if there is.

2) I tried both this driver https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/hdsp_wdm_327.zip   
and this one from the "archive" section   https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download//o … m_3085.zip

However the driver doesn't become an issue when my computer isn't even seeing the card in the first place does it? I could be misunderstanding things though. I'm more experienced on Mac, and this is in a Win computer - Asus P6T SE Motherboard with 3 x PCIe slots and 2 x PCI slots.

3) On this computer I'm running XP SP3

Ted

Just to repeat the cards are PCI not PCIe

Have you tried another PCI slot, if available?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Planning on doing this. A bit daunting to tear everything down again. Will do later this afternoon.

As I said though, the slot I put the 9652 into works fine with another PCI Audio card.

Ted

OK - Seems all is good now. Changing the PCI slot allowed windows to see the new Hardware. A friend for whom I purchased the second card said he experienced the same issue initially. He cited IRQ conflict as the cause.

Thanks for your help!

Ted

Hallo, I'm an 9652 user and I'm searching support , I'm thinking to buy a new computer , this audio card has 5 years
I'd like to know on witch mother board the sound - card is raccommended ?

Thank You Gabor lesko

(please send me E-mail   )  info@gaborlesko.com