Topic: Totalmix FX, OSC, AMAZING... but we need a video!!!

Hey there.
Thrilled with all the new stuff I'm seeing here. Totalmix FX with Touch OSC? Very cool!

Anyway, I'm asking, begging, for somebody who really knows how to use Totalmix FX to put up a tutorial. RME says that Totalmix is unlike any other mixer out there, and they are constantly improving it... which is great.  But I feel like I'm only scratching the surface of what I can do with it. I find it to be powerful, but clumsy, compared to PreSonus' virtual mixer. Totalmix has so many ways of doing the same thing that I feel like a current video would really help out a lot of people.

The old video http://youtu.be/4M23E1Njrc4 even says that it's only scratching the surface and that another video would be coming. But I don't see one anywhere. Anybody know of one?

Why doesn't RME sponsor a contest? $2,000 gear credit to the person who puts up the best Totalmix FX tutorial video series by February 1st!  It would help everybody!

Thanks,

Adam

Macbook Pro i7, 8GB Ram, Fireface UFX, Logic 9, Mainstage2, Ableton Studio 8

2 (edited by dainbramage 2012-01-19 21:20:31)

Re: Totalmix FX, OSC, AMAZING... but we need a video!!!

^^ I second that

It is clear that Totalmix FX is confusing a lot of people. It is genius but confusing at first. I had some trouble in the beginning too and even now I feel like I am only using parts of its true potential.

Yeah, I think that sometimes the geniuses at RME forget that not ALL RME users are up to their speed. (Though I plan to be soon ;-)  So, come on, RME, throw us a bone. Sponsor a video tutorial contest. I'm sure SOMEBODY wants to show off their Totalmix FX skillz!

yep, i agree that it´s quite difficult to get going and more good, easy, step by step videos would help out a lot for sure!
not everyone buying there products are proffesional and experienced and sometimes you get the feeling that rme, expects everyone to be, just that!

+1

Hi,

Have you had a look at http://www.youtube.com/synthaxtv there are 2 new videos for totalmix FX and i found them very helpful

captainfaggo wrote:

Hi,

Have you had a look at http://www.youtube.com/synthaxtv there are 2 new videos for totalmix FX and i found them very helpful

YES!!!! Finally. Thank you. Those videos are EXACTLY what I've been waiting for. Fantastic. Thanks Synthax. And thanks @Captainfaggo for pointing them out.

Cheers

No problem pianafiddle, the video just helped me realise that totalmix FX should be the core of my studio!