Topic: FF 800 Monitoring via SPDIF Question

Recently purchased and hooked up a brand new FF 800.  I was using an MBOX 2 previous to this (I know, HUGE upgrade), and was monitoring through my JBL LSR4326s using SPDIF.

I currently have the SPDIF out on the back of the FF800 routed to my left monitor, which then passes the signal via SPDIF to my right monitor.

For some reason, my LSRs are showing that they are not receiving a digital signal via SPDIF input.  I know the cabling works, as it was just fine this morning with the MBOX.  Have I routed something incorrectly in the FF settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 (edited by theoctopus 2012-03-17 03:33:44)

Re: FF 800 Monitoring via SPDIF Question

Oh, and I should mention that the headphone monitoring works perfectly.  I believe this means that my Mac Pro recognizes the interface just fine.

Edit: As is the analog monitoring through outputs 1 and 2.

And just to thread crap one more time:

Monitoring through SPDIF works just fine, now.  For some reason, setting up the interface in Logic magically made it work.  I'm sure there's a reason for this, but it seems a lot like magic to me.

glad it's working for you. SPDIF will be on  outputs 11 and 12, I'm not sure with Logic (I use DP) but if I don't set my outputs to 11/12 (SPDIF) I'll still hear them on my monitors, but on a bounce any tracks not routed to 11/12 on the output will not be in the bounce