Topic: Sample Rate and digital Crackles

Hello!

I own a RME 400 for 3 years or so, and i've always been working on 44100 Hz in cubase,
but now when i started to work on 48000 Hz it makes some problems.

i've changed the Clock Mode Sample rate in Fireface settings to 48000 Hz, clock source is on Internal
the SPDIF is connected to my Lexicon MX200 effect processor.

every time i start Cubase 5 the sample rate is changing to 44100 Hz cuz Cubase by default run on 44100, i cannot change it inside cubase only when i start a project then i can go to project set up and change it there.

so the problem is: each time cubase loading it changes to 44100 Hz and it makes a digital Click in my monitors, and each time i run a project - the sample rate changes again to 48000 Hz (cuz it's the project sample rate) and again i hear this click, is this one harmful to the monitors? cuz i just bought a new dynaudio and really don't want to hurt them, but each time i hear this click i'm becoming stressed. and it's really annoying each time to turn them off when i start the cubase/project.

i tried to change the Clock Source but each time i change it to something different then Internal, the sound card become insane, the sample rate jumps from 32000 to 44100 , it start to change the parametes automaticly.. and when it happens i experieance really not good digital scratches and clicks in the monitors. the first and last time when it happend i was jumping like crazy to turn them off. and then i was scared to turn them ON again..

is this a known issue? if yes so may be there's a way to fix it?

Thanks

Re: Sample Rate and digital Crackles

anyone can explain why when you change sample rate it makes a crackle??

why don't you use a simple monitor controller and just turn the volume down while loading a project?

i don't have one yet. but i will find a solution for this problem. thanks for the answer.