1 (edited by cpanson 2008-12-29 17:53:52)

Topic: ASIO Direct Monitoring with Samplitude

How do I do this in Samplitude 10?

33. TotalMix Super-Features
33.1 ASIO Direct Monitoring (Windows only)
Start Samplitude, Sequoia, Cubase or Nuendo and TotalMix. Activate ADM (ASIO Direct Monitoring),
and move a fader in the ASIO host. Now watch the corresponding fader in TotalMix
magically move too. TotalMix reflects all ADM gain and pan changes in realtime. Please note
that faders only move when the currently activated routing (currently visible routing) corresponds
to the one in the ASIO host. Also note that the Matrix will show any change, as it shows
all possible routings in one view.
With this TotalMix has become a wonderful debugging tool for ADM. Just move the host's fader
and pan, and see what kind of ADM commands TotalMix receives.
The hardware output row faders are included in all gain calculations, in every possible way.
Example: you have lowered the output level of a submix, or just a specific channel, by some dB.
The audio signal passed through via ADM will be attenuated by the value set in the third row.

I am new to the whole ASIO monitoring. I have done what I think you are saying above and nothing happens.
I am using a Fireface 400 with Samplitude 10 on a VISTA SP1 PC.
What is it?
How do I turn it on?

Thanks, Chris

Re: ASIO Direct Monitoring with Samplitude

Same question. I've 9632 and Samplitude not work with ADM.

"Please note that faders only move when the currently activated routing (currently visible routing) corresponds to the one in the ASIO host."

Please check the TM settings/routing display.

Besides, the fact that faders in TM don't move visibly does not mean ADM isn't working. Please provide more details.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Works perfectly here since Samplitude 8 (then with a FF800).

Be sure to turn on hardware monitoring in samplitude!
As soon as a track is armed for recording or monitoring (loudspeaker symbol), the fader and pan will automatically adjust in TotalMix.
You can even assign more outputs to some aux-channels in samplitude (for headphones maybe) and TotalMix will route everything according to the aux-sends.

Happy Fireface UFX+, Octamic XTC and M-32 Pro user.
http://www.stoersender-studio.ch