Topic: Upgrading from FF800 to UFX, uninstall old drivers?

my new UFX just arrived. I have a FF800 installed in my Mac system. do I need/should I uninstall the FF800 drivers before I install the UFX ones? I don't want to screw anything up in a very stable Mac Pro system.

thnx...

New Mac Pro, 16 GB RAM, Antelope Orion32, ProTools 11, UAD Octo, Tonelux OTB 16, and lots of toys...

Re: Upgrading from FF800 to UFX, uninstall old drivers?

Not really, the USB driver is different, and the FireWire driver is the same as used in the FF800. If you'd like to perform a complete clean installation, you can remove the old driver following the instructions in the link below.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9233

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

thanks. I'll leave the old one where it is for now. can I assume the installation will overwrite the old TotalMix?

New Mac Pro, 16 GB RAM, Antelope Orion32, ProTools 11, UAD Octo, Tonelux OTB 16, and lots of toys...

Yes. Actually the Fireface Mixer will be overwritten with the new version, and TotalMix FX will be added by the new installer. You can still plug in the FF800 and use it anytime.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

thanks Jeff... I'm selling the trusty FF800, so I don't need to have it connected any more, unless there is a problem with the new UFX.