1 (edited by takashi 2009-06-15 01:52:37)

Topic: DIGICheck OSX cannot be used with HDSP PCI

PCI version of HDSP digiface/multiface doesn't work with DIGICheck for OSX.

I know current intel macpro doesn't have PCI interface, but I am using HDSP PCI on dell precision workstation running OSX.
It isn't supported of course, but apart from this everything works no problem so I guess there aren't any reason why digicheck won't work? Besides, there are PCIe or Express slot to PCI or CARDBUS bridge on market, I've heard PCI based HDSP works flowlessly in such cases, though I assume Digicheck won't see HDSP PCI/CARDBUS in these setup as well. Please update it.

Takashi

Mac Mini M1 / Razer CoreX TB3 to PCIe + HDSPeMADI

Re: DIGICheck OSX cannot be used with HDSP PCI

You're not the only one, there are many users who can't wait to get this thing working with their HDSP PCI cards.

Still no Update?

well considering there are no new drivers or firmware for HDSP PCI on mac for years I lost hope…
and now with Lion we won't even be able to use our cards… time to buy a new one...

This isn't specifically a matter of Lion - it's a matter of Intel Macs in general, which have no PCI connections. And Digicheck for Mac is Intel only...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

This isn't specifically a matter of Lion - it's a matter of Intel Macs in general, which have no PCI connections. And Digicheck for Mac is Intel only...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yes I understand that, but its just that we were using HDSP PCI till now and those old drivers worked on Snow Leopard since it was able to run in 32bit mode… Lion is only 64bit so HDSP doesn't run anymore… I don't blame you, Lion shouldn't run on normal home made PCs so its not your fault wink

best regards, my new UCX in on its way anyway smile