Topic: Hammerfall DSP AES-32 and muli external DACs

Hi
I was very happy to discover this PCI sound cards series.  I have a project that may looks a little bit foullish but it is the only way to achieve my dream of perfect HiFi reproduction.  My actual system works in a multiamps and 7 dedicated speakers.

I plan to connect 3 individual dacs of my choice to the AES digital outputs of a Hammerfall DSP AES-32 (already have 2 DACs , which I won't reveal the bran but lets say it's a high-end and quite costly one) .  THis is not a criticism of this PCI dacs card, it's more a fact that my actual DAC performance is what I need to be happy.

My question came from several people saying that the clocks of the dacs wont be able to sync. and that it would be a desaster.
I don't beleive then but I just want to be reassure a bit before spending this money.

Can someone help me on this one?

jacques

Re: Hammerfall DSP AES-32 and muli external DACs

Hi again
Maby this is not the right branch of this forum for my question about the DSP AES-32?

I realy would like some advices before I got to far in this project.
Is there any real synchronization problem to connect three, lets say Bel Canto DAC3.5, to the digital AES outputs of this card?

thanks
jacques

Re: Hammerfall DSP AES-32 and muli external DACs

The DACs will all sync to AES input, coming from the HDSP card. I don't see any problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.