Topic: Madi Face / Sequoia

Hi guys,

I've just installed Sequoia on a Dell M6400 Laptop with the RME MADIFace.  Installation went fine.  Only mistake I might of had was: It said, driver upto date & I hit update anyways.  This locked up the PC.  So I had to power down.   The MadiFace is showing input and output on the total mix screens.  Latest RME Drives, Serial Number is okay.(32~) I can't seem to get any input in Sequoia when I place tracks in Record.  I've been reading the threads and I'm going to look into the bias.   This seems like a communication error between the software and the hardware.   Any help?  I know you guys have had issues with dell.   I've had this laptop working great with a VXPocket PCMIA Slot card, and LiteBridge under XP. 

Win7 32bit pro

ASIO Device:  ASIO Hammerfal DSP (All I/O selected)
Device: 24bit
Mixer FX/Hybrid
Tape Monitoring
Mix Input and Playback

Sequoia V11.2
CM Stick 1.16

Re: Madi Face / Sequoia

Why does my madiface say version 14?  That is not what's listed on the updates.

Flash Update Tool for HDSPe System. Updates HDSPe MADI card to firmware version 29, HDSPe PCI and HDSPe ExpressCard card to 18, RayDAT to 12, AES to 8,MADIface to 11,AIO to 12.

Version 14 is ok, don't worry.

> Also Serial number is comming back with a bunch of "yyyyyyy" characters/

That is the reason why it crashed - incomplete communication. Sometimes it helps to remove the Expresscard for 2 seconds. Then everything gets reset, and the EC is properly initialised.

Serial Number 23232937, 23232006 are these okay?

Confirmed, Reflashed and everything working fine!

Thanks again!