Topic: Feedback Loop in Total Mix

HI Folks-

Just purchased a UFX, and am trying to send via mono insert on a track and/or stereo insert on a Bus out to hardware comp, and back in.
But while I can get the signal out and through the external hardware, I cannot get rid of the feedback howl, except by turning the hardware output way down.

This happens in Logic, Studio One2, and Harrison Mixbus, and on Mac OSX 10.6.8 as well as Win XP sp3, so I'm sure it's my routing in Total mix.

I can't seem to sort this... I've tried muting what I thought were offending channels, but that just killed the audio. I don't know what to try next short of someone "walking" me through the procedure.

I've read the manual, and watched the Synthax tutorial on Total Mix. I've searched the Forums as well, and I seem to be the only one who can't figure it out $%#$%#!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

Re: Feedback Loop in Total Mix

In TotalMix, look at the submix for the output channels connected to your external effects. Make sure the input channels are not routed to these outputs, as this creates a feedback loop. You might also be causing problems inside the software app if you don't have any wrong routings in TotalMix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Feedback Loop in Total Mix

HI Jeff -

Thanks for the reply. I still couldn't get anything to work properly so I went to a friend who is well versed with RME and Total Mix.
He couldn't get it to work either until we reinstalled the (same) drivers and flashed the hardware again. Then everything worked as expected. The only issue I get now when monitoring both the hardware inputs and the software playback on the same channel/signal is the delayed audio being played together with the original signal, which is to be expected.

All working well now.

Ted