Topic: Need for help: Combining two RME's in a clinical localisation setup

Dear all,
Me and my colleagues are researchers/audiologists at the University Hospital of Antwerp.
We have recently purchased the following:
-2x Hammerfall DSP Multiface II (RME)
-2x HDSP PCIcard

With this material we would like to control speakers 9 FOSTEX speakers and 3 Genelec speakers to perform sound localization testing and speech-in-noise testing.
The software we we would like to use for our experiments is APEX (https://gilbert.med.kuleuven.be/web/ind … tware/APEX).
In one RME, there are only 8 channels available. Therefore, if we want to control 9 or more speakers, we need to combine the 2 RME’s. Although we downloaded ASIO in order to be able to control all channels seperately, we are not able to do so ourselves. Moreover, none of the ICT people in the hospital are able to help out with this setup.
Therefore, our question is: Is there anyone who can help us with this? Obviously you will be reimbursed for this!
If you have any questions, please contact me!

Kind regards,

Jolien Desmet

Re: Need for help: Combining two RME's in a clinical localisation setup

It looks like you should have got an ADAT AD/DA converter like our ADI-8 DS to attach to the first Multiface, making the second one obsolete. Then you would have control over 16 analog outputs from one card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Need for help: Combining two RME's in a clinical localisation setup

Feel free to contact me by mail, we could set up a remote session, if possible (Teamviewer).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME