Topic: Asigning proper input and output level settings

Hi!

I have a RME UFX and I wold like to know what the best settings will be form a proper gain structure adjustment.
So far, I have being using it set to +4dBu, but then, I came up with a wonder while checking the following manual specs :

DA - Stereo Monitor Output XLR (1-2)
As DA, but:
• Output: XLR, balanced
• Output level switchable 24 dBu, Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
• Output level at 0 dBFS @ 24 dBu: +24 dBu
• Output level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
• Output level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
• Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV

A 0 dBFS measurement unit is to be the highest audio level. Assuming this is to be at the highest audio level before clipping occurs, and that this normally corresponds to an analog level of 24 dBu, therefore, normally 4 dBu is the same as - 20 dBFS or 0 VU.
While this is generally accepted as the range of digital audio, it is not a hard standard and when digital audio values are converted back to analog, some digital audio equipment provide level selections to shift the analog output levels of 0 VU to -18 dBFS or -14 dBFS.

As per the specs on my RME, 0 dBFS value for my current setting equals +13dBu analog signal, and I was expecting it to be somewhere around +24dBu or, at least, +18 dBu. Shall I then change the setting from +4 to +24 dBu???  Would that provide me with an increased audio output level????

Thanks a lot guys!!