Topic: DAM-1, anyone?

Hi All,

I was curious if anyone either in the forum or at RME had any of these:

http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/digicheck/dam1.htm

According to a SOS interview from 2005 RME discontinued these because "The DAM turned out to be a disaster, as nobody wanted it". So, maybe there are some units available still somewhere if no one bought them? I downloaded the software demo from this old page and it installs and finds the COM ports just fine. The really nice features (I think) of this tool are 1) the histogram showing both level and status bits (many of the features of the software were ported into Digicheck, but it doesn't do this) 2) the non-proprietary interface, one may simply use the serial port to read the information being passed by the internal DSP on the box. (as opposed to Digicheck now, which only sees RME cards).

If anyone has any leads here, please let me know. I'm willing to pay fair market price (for obsolete units no one wanted!) to get some of these.

Thanks

Re: DAM-1, anyone?

The quote above relates to the beginning of our company. Later on the DAM was selling in expected numbers, so there are lots of units available in the 'used' market. You wrote about 'some' - how many you really need? Please also note that the biggest issue with the DAM-1 is that its software is not updated. Apart from serial ports no longer found on modern computers it may stop working altogether with the next Windows versions...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your reply. I looked around on the Internet before posting the above, and could find no available units. I am looking for 4-5, or at least to get a price for budgeting. Any ideas you can provide to find used ones is very much appreciated. Am located in USA.

Best regards,
Charles

Most units will be available used in Germany. We do not have them anymore, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks. If anyone on this forum has any leads, do please contact me.

Regards,
Charles