Topic: UFX TotalMix

Hello

I'm a newbee Looking to buy a UFX, and i got a question

Can i bypass the Totalmix and use ProTool 10 direct without using the Totalmix.

Thank you

Re: UFX TotalMix

Why do you want to do it? TotalMix is the most powerful monitoring mixer and signal router on the market.

TotalMix is in the signal flow behind the outputs of your software. The recording signal goes right to your software without travelling through TotalMix before. The output signals from Pro Tools and all input signals (parallel to the software ones) go through the mixer.

You need it if you just want to listen to a simple input signal without the software latency of Pro Tools on your studio monitors or headphones, maybe mixed with a Pro Tools playback. Unless you already use an external mixer for your monitoring mixes.

best regards
Knut

The mixer can not be bypassed, but set to defaults and ignored...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Admin Knut wrote:

Why do you want to do it? TotalMix is the most powerful monitoring mixer and signal router on the market.

TotalMix is in the signal flow behind the outputs of your software. The recording signal goes right to your software without travelling through TotalMix before. The output signals from Pro Tools and all input signals (parallel to the software ones) go through the mixer.

You need it if you just want to listen to a simple input signal without the software latency of Pro Tools on your studio monitors or headphones, maybe mixed with a Pro Tools playback. Unless you already use an external mixer for your monitoring mixes.

best regards
Knut

Maybe it's the most powerful mixer for you , but for me it look so confusing i rather not use it.......

bigbone wrote:

Maybe it's the most powerful mixer for you , but for me it look so confusing i rather not use it.......

Your missing out big time!

ianhind wrote:
bigbone wrote:

Your missing out big time!

How come, please explain yourself

At first TotalMix was very confusing and the main reason for this in my case was the failure to realise that the faders are not simply volume controls but actually control routing options. It was very frustrating for a while but once you get used to it you will appreciate the limitless routing options and other features. Patience!

bigbone wrote:

How come, please explain yourself

Take the time to learn it before you pass it off, it's an invaluable tool for both live and studio usage.

Honestly I wouldn't even know where to start explaining the benefits...

Hi,
You can easily use Pro Tools 10 without using the Total Mix FX. The only section that you woudl want to setup is the control section of Total Mix FX.

You will though have to deal with potential latency when monitoring live audio inputs through PT 10.
Your signal no has to pass through the driver then through PT 10 then back out though the driver.
Depending on how fast your system is will dictate how low you can set the driver buffer in order to reduce any possible latency.

With Total Mix FX you do not have to worry about that latency.
There are some excellent You tube videos tutorials on the Total Mix FX and some application specific examples.

http://youtu.be/sCH3qVaLL-I
http://youtu.be/7O5i3s29Id4
http://www.youtube.com/user/liveaudiofx

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas