Topic: Selectable Bars in Digicheck

Dear colleagues,

since it's very likely that not all MADI-inputs or outputs are in use during a recording I think it would be a good idea to give the user the opportunity to select how many INPUT- or OUTPUT-bars DIGICHECK should show. This could be selected in the user preferences (hotkey F2).

Any thoughts about this suggestion?

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
Tritonus Musikproduktion GmbH, Stuttgart (Germany)
www.tritonus.de

Re: Selectable Bars in Digicheck

Good idea! This could lower the load for the CPU...and Graphics too.

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

Thanks for the feedback. And what do you think, Herr Carstens or Herr Fuchs?

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de

4 (edited by S-E Hansson 2007-12-06 12:26:18)

Hi,

That was possible a long time ago
in earlier Fireface/TotalMix drivers
I think it's a very good idea but maybe tricky
to impliment and program but if it's possible now, yes :-)

regards S-EH

tritonus wrote:

Dear colleagues,

... during a recording I think it would be a good idea to give the user the opportunity to select how many INPUT- or OUTPUT-bars DIGICHECK should show ...

At least you can make use of DC global record feature to show / hide the tracks required for monitoring with a similar functionality in the VU meters
But simply extending to other meters is OF COURSE one of the issue to place on a wish list for DC hard users, while implementing an already developped routine should not be of a big load for the driver, but...?
Kind regards,

pierre

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II

tritonus wrote:

Dear colleagues,

since it's very likely that not all MADI-inputs or outputs are in use during a recording I think it would be a good idea to give the user the opportunity to select how many INPUT- or OUTPUT-bars DIGICHECK should show.

Exactly what the Hide button does...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

My brain is possibly a bit slow (at the age of 56 years). But can somebody explain to me where the "Hide"-button is hidden?

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de

As long as your ears keep up their great work ;-)

The "Hide" button is the 10th button on the transport bar which starts with the buttons for rewind; to its right you find the "Time: 00:00:00.0" information. In order to hide a channel, hit the "R"ecord-enable-button in a channel you want to hide in order to disable it (red 'light' disappears). Now, press the Hide button. The channel disappears. Press the hide button again: the channel reappears.

The channels are not only hidden, but also exempt from ASIO. That also reduces CPU load.

Thanks for the hint.

But for a normal regular metering I don't need the "Global Record"-function. What I'm asking for is the same functionality for the "Global Level Meter"-function.

Would it be a complicated problem, Herr Carstens, to include this into one of the next updates? I know from many colleagues that they would be happy to get this feature.

Proposual: a simple input-field in the "Options"-menu (F2): "Show only tracks x to y".

Thanks

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de