Topic: Pro Tools 10 Rme Hdsp Raydat Rme Ad converters guitar vocals recording

Hallo

I'm Pro Tools Hd user since 12 years.

Now i'd like to became an Rme user and forget about avid interfaces!

I'd like to use a Mac Pro 8core with an Hdsp Raydat and Rme converters running Pro Tools 10.

What about the latency? I'd like tomrecord vocals and guitars with Eleven or Waves Guitar Amp on the arming track.
I'm using Tdm with Amp Farm with no latency...What about Rme Raydat? Will i able to inser my guitar into a preamp, put a track armed with a Guitar Amp and record without audible latency?

And the same with the vocals, can i record with some plug ins on the armed track without going mad about the latency?

Having experienced only Tdm systems, i'm afraid to have problems using Rme with Pro Tools 10.
Otherwise i don't want to spend more money for an hdx system just to record guitars and vocals at no latency!!

Thank you so much, i hope some one will help me to undertsand the right way to do.

I'm a music producer/sound engineer. So my work it'always to record myself and my ideas, or to record clients such as vocalists or bands.

Best regards.

Fabio

Re: Pro Tools 10 Rme Hdsp Raydat Rme Ad converters guitar vocals recording

Please can help me someone? Thank you!!

"No Latency" is a fallacy in Digital Audio of ANY form (Even HD-X wink ).  The AD/DA converters will have an inherent latency in ANY digital system - even with "Direct Monitoring" or TDM...

I'm fairly anal about latency, and I've used an RME + Steinberg setup for around 5 years while monitoring "wet" the whole time.  The only thing that has improved over the years is the ability to run more VST's at 32-Samples of ASIO latency (depending on how much actual horsepower you need @ 32-Samples).  Raising the buffer to 64 is an option, but I prefer to stay @ 32-Samples from start to finish.

The single most important issue will be "tight" project management and knowing to avoid latent plug-ins of any kind while tracking (even on other "un-armed" tracks).  Heed that rule, and you will be in Native DSP Heaven!!! :-)

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Thank you! i'm a Pro Tools Hd user from 12 years!! And now i don't want more to stay at their conditions about pricing and upgrading.So i'd like to make setup with Rme and Pro Tools 10. And in this way just only recording direct guitars with PodFArm or Guitar Amp Waves in insert. Or just a bass with waves SSl plugs hearing a good tone and a right feel on the instrument! What do you think about?

Thank you