Topic: Clock and sync issues with RayDat on Mac

Setup is this: SSL Alphalink AX (adat), Lucid AD2496 and DA2496, Lucid Genx96 clock and RayDat card. Running on a MacPro 8 core, Snow Leopard 10.6 and Digital Performer 7.24.

Spok with Jeff the other day. Checked all cables and clock source. Lucid clock is master, SSL is external wc in, Lucid AD is wc in, RME software set to "autosync". All in/out are show "sync". However when I move around within a project I get pops and clicks then the SSL changes from ext clock to internal. So I shut the SSL off and took it one unit at a time. Still heard occasional pop/click with just the Lucid. So I just used the Lucid with MacPro digi in. Works perfect.

Any suggestions? Would it be worth getting the pcie wc expansion card?

Thanks in advance!

Dom

Re: Clock and sync issues with RayDat on Mac

I have a different set up, but this may be worth a try...
(from a previous post of mine - http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13589)
The only workaround I have found is to run DigiCheck in the background with a 4 bar meter open and "Activate Audio Processing" checked.
If I uncheck that or quit DigiCheck the pops return. I can only avoid the unwanted noise as described but the good news is the added cpu load is virtually nil.
Wizzkinder

Mac Pro 2.4 (8 core)
RayDat
Big Ben clock (aes to RayDat/wc to Apogees)
Apogee Trak2 (SPDIF  to RayDat)
apogee 16-ADx /16 -DAx (ADAT to RayDat)
UAD Quad