Topic: Babyface and noticeable noise floor

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a silver Babyface and the noise floor on the output has been troubling me.  It is definitely audible and I am pretty sure I have ruled out my speakers.

I am currently going out of the Babyface LineOut L and R into a pair of ADAM P11As.  I am using the breakout cable extension.  When I have the Babyface unplugged, things are quiet but once I activate the babyface, I get an audible high frequency noise floor and I am sitting a good 5 feet away.  Changing the main out level does not affect it or muting or changing levels on any inputs or anything. 
I came from a Digi003 rack which did not have a noticeable noise floor and upgraded to the Babyface which should be a superior piece of hardware, but my ear now is going right to that noise every time I start my system.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what to do?  Do I have a defective unit?

Thank you in advance,
Paul

Re: Babyface and noticeable noise floor

Try without the extension.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Babyface and noticeable noise floor

Tried removing the extension but still getting a light, audible high frequency hiss.  Made no difference.  Sounds like dither turned up almost.