Topic: Multiface 1 - confused with stereo busses

Hello,

i have configured Cubase 4 with 4 Stereo Output Busses (Analog 1/2,3/4,5/6,7/,8) of my Multiface 1..

Problem:

I routed a track in Cubase to Stereo Bus 2 (Analog Out 3/4) , but i can hear that track on Stereo Bus 2 (Analog Out 3/4) as well as on Stereo Bus 3 ( Analog Out 5/6). In hdsp mix you can see that, i have level meters on both busses of the playback, although this track is only routed to ONE outputbus in Cubase.??? Confusing!

That Problem doesnt exist on Busses 1 and 4.  Here i hear the Signal, routed to Bus 1, only on Output 1 (Analog Out 1/2) and when its routed to Bus 4 route, i hear that only on Analog Out 7/8. So Busses 1 and 4 work fine, 2 and 3 seem to be "mixed together".

In Cubase´s Mixer i see the signal only on the correct output Bus, here everything´s ok.  But in HDSP Mix it starts to be confusing, here the Bus 2 -Signal appears on 3/4 as well as on 5/6.

System
Win 7, 32bit, Cubase 4.5 Essential, Multiface 1, PCIE, newest Driver, newest Firmware. Only analog Inputs and Outputs are used.

Any Idea??

fanko

Re: Multiface 1 - confused with stereo busses

hmm, may be a submix issue??

I used preset 3 in hdsp mix, were there any submixes configured? Sorry, used my multiface for 9 years and never used submixes before, but now i installed a new PC system on WIN7 and probably the presets of the latest hdsp mix were different from 2002.

fanko wrote:

hmm, may be a submix issue??

I used preset 3 in hdsp mix, were there any submixes configured? Sorry, used my multiface for 9 years and never used submixes before, but now i installed a new PC system on WIN7 and probably the presets of the latest hdsp mix were different from 2002.

Probably a submix issue. Also what is your main output in cubase set to?

I believe preset one is straight routing (no submixing).

Hope this helps,

Isaac P

Main Output is Analog 1/2 of the multiface. Preset 1 doesnt really help.

Cubase Output 3 is routed correctly to Multiface Analog Out 5/6 in hdspmix, so there no submix problems anymore.

But unfortunately i cannot hear Cubase Output 2 on Multiface Analog Out 3/4 although faders in hdspmix are up.

Does the Multiface 1 ( newest drivers and fw) work with the latest version of hdspmix?

greetings

fanko