1 (edited by DanButsu 2012-04-06 04:15:09)

Topic: Cannot install Drivers on new Lion machine

Greetings,

I know this issue has been discussed at length here, and I have spent the last hour reading all the posts on it, but I still cannot get my FireFace 400 drivers to install on my new Mac Mini Lion (Server). I had this setup working perfectly on my MacBook Pro 10.6.7 and just bought a new Mini (10.7.2). I downloaded the newest drivers that support 10.7 and rebooted my computer. Once the computer reboots, the FireFace Mixer is not running. When I try to open it from the Applications menu, it opens for a split second and closes. Same thing with the FireFace Settings App. The whole time this is going on, all the lights on my FF 400 are flashing and its making a tick noise like it's constantly cycling on and off. To make things even weirder, my Lacie Rugged that is daisy chained through it stops working as soon as I plug the FF 400 into it as well. Once again, this all worked fine in 10.6.7. I noted my FF Settings from my old setup and are as follows:

Version 3.06
Unit # v1.70
Driver v3.06

When I try to load the newest flash I get the error: "No FireFace driver or device installed"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dan

Re: Cannot install Drivers on new Lion machine

Have you tried this with external power into the FF400?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Cannot install Drivers on new Lion machine

That was it. I guess the title of the thread should be "Mac Mini can't power FireFace". Thanks, it's all working now. I just followed your complete uninstall guide and plugged the FF in and re-installed the drivers. Perfect. Cheers