Topic: Firewire curse / help please

I am cursed. This is the third time we've had a Fireface 400 who's firewire port burns down. This time it even happened without any kind of hot wirring. I think the FF400 is an absolutely great card, but the Firewire port is so fragile it's driving me nuts. Last time we had to wait 3 months to get it fixed and it's really hurting our studio that this FW port is the only seriously weak link.
Now I have to get it repaired for the third time. If this happens one more time we simply can't afford this card anymore.

Is there any way that I can get you to install a USB port in the card? I'll happily pay whatever extra this will cost if it eradicates our firewire curse once and for all. I'd love to switch to the UC, but at the time I simply can't afford it. But if you could just upgrade my FW port to USB, it would seriously make a huge, huge difference. Please let me know, I'm gonna ship the FF400 tomorrow (tuesday).

Re: Firewire curse / help please

No way to turn the FF400 into a USB device, sorry.
Also, the FW port isn't known to be particularly "fragile" or prone to the kind of damage you describe...
Have these issues occured with the same computer each time?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Firewire curse / help please

It has happened when switching between our laptop and studio computer.