Topic: HDSPe AIO & EQ-ing using Phones out? Desperately needing such feature!

Hi, composer from Sweden here, aiming to step up, using my new RME HDSPe AIO.
This is an important question for me. It includes the combo of following:

HDSPe AIO (PCI-e)
EQ possibilities for it's RME mixer software
PHONES output and my headphones.
PC
(I need to use headphones alot, see below)

So is there (or will there be) any EQUALIZER possibilities in the HDSPe AIO's software's mixer? (HDSP MIxer)
similar to the EQ/effect in Totalmix FX that some RME USB soundcards use (I think) ?

If this is anticipated in a software update, is there any rough time frame for it?
If not, is there any WORKAROUND to include any EQ in the OUTPUT signal for the PHONES output? VST plug?

I REALLY would be grateful if it is/can be included in the possibilities for this premium soundcard.

Because I'm a bit over-sensitive to MID-HIGHS & HIGHS, and need to decrease those to MIX my music more accurate, and to avoid EAR  FATIGUE. It's very painful for my ears right now.
Phones out can get very loud, but there is very little bass (unless using the 3rd party EQ hassle), even though my headphones are powerful enough and bass-intense according to some reviews.

I need to use headphones, for extended daily and late hour sessions, several hours.
(Closed back, Ultrasone HFI-680, S-Logic Natural Surround Sound Plus, circum aural, dynamic,impedance 75 Ohm, sound pressure level 99dB, frequency range 15-25.000 Hz)

I know I can get enough powerful signal from them, with great sound, if I use "3rd party" software EQ, so there's nothing wrong with the headphones.
I also used them with my old E-MU 0404 soundcard, which had EQ tweaking in it's software, with which I could do really good mixes without additional reference EQ that I have to use with the RME AIO right now.

Sry if these questions already have been answered. I've been searching and reading for several hours, but couldn't find an answer.
I tried this idea: (AIO doesn't play with Room EQ Wizard software?" )
but didn't get it to work either. Anyone?
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10577

The HDSPe AIO got great latency performance, but due to painful default Phones out audio, I still mainly went back to the old soundcard for now.
I don't have any pro monitors yet, and even if so, I still would need to tweak the mid-highs...
Very grateful for any help!

Best / Fredrik

Re: HDSPe AIO & EQ-ing using Phones out? Desperately needing such feature!

The EQ is done in hardware, not software, and the AIO will not get those TotalMix FX features, as the hardware is not capable of doing so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the quick answer!
I thought it was an easy thing to add, but now I understand it's impossible.

Could anybody help me with this: "AIO doesn't play with Room EQ Wizard software?"
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10577.
I post my own issue with it at that thread instead of here, so hope I get away with it.
Posting dude didn't get any reply...

Thanks again, and thanks in advance. Best / Fredrik

I'm not sure I see the problem...Why not just insert an EQ plugin on the master/aux send to your headphones? What software do you use?

hey thanks for the reply.
I use Presonus Studio One 2 Professional, but I didn't figure out how to make the EQ plug only audioable but automatically excluded in the renders.

Right now I have the EQ plug activated while working, and manually deactivating it right before rendering.
I also have Reaper retail, but prefer working with Studio One 2.