1 (edited by soundklinik 2012-04-10 09:03:45)

Topic: 9632 playback setup Question

From the manual, P.21

We strongly recommend switching off all system sounds (via >Control Panel /Sounds<). Also
HDSP should not be the Preferred Device for playback, as this could cause loss of synchronization
and unwanted noises. If you feel you cannot do without system sounds, you should consider
buying a cheap Blaster clone and select this as Preferred Device in >Control Panel
/Multimedia /Audio<.

Hi, this is from the manual, (I have always disabled mo-bo sound card in BIOS), but I don't understand the part of buying a cheap card, installing it and using it for playback?? I don't think in W-7, I even have this option?...Then on the picture in Preferences, MME-WDM is selected as a playback device? Am I thick?...HeadScratch
TIA

Re: 9632 playback setup Question

Read again... cool
It says "If you feel you cannot do without system sounds"

To a degree, this passages from the manual are a bit outdated, since with WDM drivers, playback in WMP or even system sounds can not cause the card to switch sample rate.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: 9632 playback setup Question

Hello Daniel,
thank you for a quick reply, I really overlooked that part, I was confused, thinking why should I have to use another card for playback, when I just got a great one?rotfl

I am new to RME cards, I bought the 9632 from a member, it is on the way and I am figuring out the manual, DigiCheck5.34 and setup in general.

I am switching from an external USB sound card for lack of routings and ins an outs, and hopefully for sound quality

Thanx again for support, Karel