1 (edited by jacqland 2012-04-11 02:44:58)

Topic: sample rate maximum HDSP AES-32

HI
I just ordered  a HDSP AES -32 for a multiamp audio system to act like a digital redistributor.
The point is that I want to connect the AES from a PC win XP (JRiver) to 4 different DACs (24/192khz).

I was reading the ownwer manual tonight and it seams that the sample rate output will be limited to 96Khz???

If you can see my planed configuration, please can you tell me someone if a 24/192 Khz signal from a PC to these DACs would be possible using the HDSP AES-32 PCI card.

I have gave an money advance on it and I really needs this information.

It would be greatly appreciated.

jacques

PS;  I don't understand the "single" "double" and "quad" wire  what does that mean?

thank-you

Re: sample rate maximum HDSP AES-32

The card supports 192k. Double and Quad Wire are for compatibility with external converters that do not support 192 or 96 k over a single AES cable.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

The card supports 192k. Double and Quad Wire are for compatibility with external converters that do not support 192 or 96 k over a single AES cable.
Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Excellent Daniel, now I feel better:-).  You know the feeling when you think you just made a BIG mistake:roll.

Now that this part is cleared out, I tried to find out in advance which AES cord ends is male or female, there is 4 of each. ( It may take a whole week before I receive my new HDSP AES -32)

I need to connect an s/pdif on one of the AES outputs for a couple of weeks before I get all 3 AES compatible DACs.  I will use the Motu's dacs (s/pdif input) while waiting.

So I need to buy an AES/spdif adaptor

http://www.mediamusique.com/Pages/Selli … duct=22695

this one looks nice, but do I need a male xlr/female BNC ?  The story does not say in the manual.
Very trivial question.

jacques

The manual does say how to solder a simple XLR to RCA cable, and clearly does say male/female. The quoted adapter sseem useles for you, as it converts to BNC, and is passive. If you have a really picky SPDIF device the you need to change the format to Consumer (see manual). Either in the card or with an active external converter.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The manual does say how to solder a simple XLR to RCA cable, and clearly does say male/female. The quoted adapter sseem useles for you, as it converts to BNC, and is passive. If you have a really picky SPDIF device the you need to change the format to Consumer (see manual). Either in the card or with an active external converter.

You're right,  the figure shows the XLR/phono adaptors for inputs and it's a female XLR plug.
I already saw that but the reseller told me that the card output was the male connectors, thow the figure should be for an output.  I am confused, the manual is right?
I will make the two ways in case.

Looking foreward to try this card.

best regards
jacques

jacqland wrote:
MC wrote:

You're right,  the figure shows the XLR/phono adaptors for inputs and it's a female XLR plug.
I already saw that but the reseller told me that the card output was the male connectors, thow the figure should be for an output.  I am confused, the manual is right?
I will make the two ways in case.

Looking foreward to try this card.

best regards
jacques

Normally the device will have male XLR on it. This means you need a female XLR to plug into it.

Visually, if the output has pins then you need a female XLR to plug into it.

Hope this helps,

Isaac P

isaac wrote:

Normally the device will have male XLR on it. This means you need a female XLR to plug into it.

Hope this helps,

Isaac P

Thank you guys

Can I use any short wires to connect the phono (RCA) to the XLR  plugs?
S/pdif is suppose to have 75 ohm and xlr 110 ohm.

jacques

jacqland wrote:
isaac wrote:

Hope this helps,

Isaac P

Thank you guys

Can I use any short wires to connect the phono (RCA) to the XLR  plugs?
S/pdif is suppose to have 75 ohm and xlr 110 ohm.

jacques

Yes, Mic lead should work fine.

Isaac P

RME Support wrote:

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel

What do you think about using this HDSP AES 32 for playback music from JRiver's MC?
Multichannels (8)
I understand that you confirmed that it will playback up to 192Khz towards my 4 192Khz DACs units.  Would you recommanded it?

best
jacques
PS: the card has been ordered 3 weeks ago, waiting for delivery in Montreal.  So I had no chance to test it.