Topic: FireFace 800 - Asio Overload too fast

Hey guys! first, sorry for my english. second, how are you? smile
so, i recently phrchesded RME FireFace 800 for my PC work station and i got problem.
i Downloaded every new driver, firmware, everything is right as it should but something is wrong at cubase 5.1 that wasnt like that with my
older Sound cards.
when i enter Cubase or nuendu, the meter is at 15% at the beginning and its an empty project with 44100 24 bit 512 buffer size..
if i load things it gets full too quick. 2 vst and thats it!
i got a I7 4 RAM and more. it a pretty bad ass computer.

what can it be???
please help sad

thank you. hope youll replay

Re: FireFace 800 - Asio Overload too fast

Are you shure that cpu load comes from cubase or nuendo. I also noticed cpu goes high and than stabilizes at reasonable level. And momentary high cpu load did not come from my application using asio i/o.

this is the case -
my Windows CPU shows 0% and when im at cubase is gets to 3% and thats it. now, the Asio meter is at the start of the project is at 20% and this is an empty project. when i open 3 effects it starts overload to 50% and that causes cliping and more..

Is the right audio driver selected in cubase (rme asio and not DX)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

yes, its the right driver..

6 (edited by kasaudio 2011-03-21 21:04:14)

If no other idea try this one and compare asio cpu usage.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10563

On my HP 8730w (Core2 Duo T-9600) and win 7 32bit, cpu load was about 8-10% with all 28 ins and outs running. No playback, no recording, inputs fed to outputs.

With desktop core i7 (920) and win xp cpu load was about 4% with 56 ins and 56 outs running. (Synched composite of two ff800.)

Tested also with poor old stinky Compaq Presario 2500+ running win xp - about 50-60% with all 28 ins and outs running.

In all cases 48 kHz, and 96 sample buffer was used.

Hope it helps.

it shows all good, but the problem stays

it shows all good, but the problem stays

How high was the cpu usage with FireFace test? If it was reasonably low (and it should be with i7), then it's not ff800 fault. You use plugins... what if they are causing problems.

mmm where can i see the cpu of the test?
it just said that fireface is working good and all that..

For all the others that having the same problem as i had - you have to disable "Multiprocessing" at nuendo or cubase!

I am having this issue, after my system had been working fine for a couple of years. I haven't changed anything. Weird though that I set up my FF800 with a laptop, then plugged it back to original computer, and now it is having this problem. I can't work it out, let me know how you go!