Topic: HeadPhone adjustment help

HI,
I have a problem of independently adjusting the volume of HeadPhones. (HDSP-9632)
Way too loud and not fine adjustable? I don't believe that is possible, I can't figure it out, I need help...

In Hammerfall settings I have HPs output set to -12dB. It is still too loud.
(Headphones are plugged in the 1/4" HP jack in break out cable, 15pin)

I tried various combinations, routings, etc in the HDSP mixer, routings in Playback section and the choices of Monitor phones, my problem is that I can not lower the volume of H-Ps independently.
(I can lower it, but the MAIN-out volume goes down with it??)
With tests of various routings I can monitor channels, but once I try to lower the volume of HPs, the volume goes down with the Master volume?
What I do not understand is why turning down headphones, also turns down Master volume and when I turn headphones down, bringing up output main volume (if it was down), does nothing, I see sound playing in playback readouts, nothing out of spekers... or I have some wrong config?

The available manual is very different from what shows the updated hardware/software, for example I have only one page in Hammerfall DSP settings, it's ok, if that's what it is supposed to be.

Any help greatly appreciated...TIA

Re: HeadPhone adjustment help

The available manual still tells you that there is only one output (DAC). If you want to have them independently you need to buy the HDSPe AIO or use an external converter via the SPDIF or ADAT output.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME