1 (edited by bongonuts 2012-04-17 09:43:28)

Topic: Totally freeze with HDSPe AIO

Hi all.

Yesterday I bought the AIO card for my new system I have build 2 days before. The first thing I noticed was, that the card was not detected in a pcie x16 slot. I did it in a x1 slot. In both slots the installation wizard  doesn't pop up. I have read in the manual not to install the driver manually but I had no choice smile So, the x1 slot detected the card I installed the driver and flushed with the newest version. Then I installed cubase 6 in 32 and 64 bit mode and some other applications like Reaktor, Razor, Battery, Complete Composers Collection...

I started 32 bit Cubase. Cubase initialized the plugins until "All Midi Inputs". I went to the SPAM SPAM SPAM for a cigarette came back and Cubase still initialized "All Midi Inputs". I was waiting for some more minutes. Nothing happened. I only could stop it with the help of the task manager. The same happened with Cubased 64bit. I rebooted and clicked on the icon on the taskbar (not the mixer) In the popup I clicked at "About" and then the system totally freezed. I was forced to push the "reset button" of the system. Even with the Taskmanager I wasn't able to stop the process.

Well, now after a long night, an angry girlfriemd because of my flaming the whole time I tried it 2 hours ago with my old card the m-audio Delta 1010LT (PCI) and everything worked fine.

My System (all drivers are up to date):

Win 64bit Pro SP1
Board: Intel DX79 SI
CPU: Intel i7 3930k
Grafic Card: Asus 210 Silent
Ram: 32gig
Cubase 6

I think the AIO is a nice card but at the moment pain in the ass. Maybe some of you guys know how to fix it.
I attached some pics.

Thx in advance

http://www.cookingraven.com/bilder/RME_Error.PNG
http://www.cookingraven.com/bilder/allmidiinputs.PNG

Re: Totally freeze with HDSPe AIO

That screenshot points to an incorrectly working card/driver communication. I can't believe you have all those inputs working in Sync at 32 kHz. Did you try the card with a different software? Most probably it will not work with any.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How excatly did you install?

Also, as mentioned on the phone, please check and disable PCIe related power saving features like ASPM in the BIOS.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi there.
Problem fixed.

@Matthias
That screeny was from the very first installation. I didn't any work with that settings.

@Daniel
THX for advise. That worked. Just for your info: The ASPM was disabled form the start on in the bios. But I changed the option "PCI" Energy within Win 7 from "balanced" to "off". I restarted and clicked on the settings of the AIO. It freezed again. I resetted by the PC's Reset-Button and disabled the "onboard audio". Then it worked. I tested it again with "onboard audio/enable". It still worked. That means: The audio thing is not responsible in that case. I think the WIN Energy PCI Option is the clue. Strange, that it needed two reboots for working.

regards

RME Support wrote:

How excatly did you install?

Also, as mentioned on the phone, please check and disable PCIe related power saving features like ASPM in the BIOS.

I think you need to make this setting part of the Sticky on the "Installing under Windows 7" Sticky. It could have save me a 900km of travelling to the client and back not to mention a wasted weekend and three rebuilds back here.

This ASPM setting is so small and insignificant in some of the new UEFI BIOS'es and Windows screws with it in the power settings as well.

Well at least I found the problem.