Topic: Multi-channel routing

Hello,
I have an HDSPe-AIO with 4AO extension and a 8 channel ADAT DA converter, for a total of 14 analog output channels (+ phone).
I need to loopback 8 output channels without sacrificing any "real" I/O...
But it seems there is no way to do that... Am I wrong ?
A quite simple solution would be to provide "virtual" channels in the ASIO driver, dedicated to loopback. Please do it...

Thanks in advance wink

Re: Multi-channel routing

See if this helps get you started. There is also a video for Pro Tools.

There is also further detail in the manual.

How To Use Total Mix FX Loopback In Cubase

DF

UFX+, ADI-648, Win 10, i7 10 core 3Ghz 64 Gb, Cubase 9, PT 12.8

Hello, thank you for answering.
I know how to loopback, basically. What I want to do is:
a multimedia player outputs 8 channels of audio on "loopbacked" channels - ADAT 1-8 for example; those are streamed to a recording software...
while another software renders up to 20 channels of independant audio on the physical card outputs: 12 onboard (8 analog + 2 spdif + 2 AES) + 8 ADAT.
Actualy loopbacked channels are unusable for independant output - and they must correspond to physical inputs: so analog 3-6 (AO4S) are not loopback-able.

If purely software ASIO channels LOOP1-8 existed (LOOPi out simply copied to LOOPi in), this would be possible - and very usefull.

4 (edited by bienpegaito 2012-04-18 23:37:14)

I like to help, if I can ... but you are obviously more knowledgeable about this than I.

My last 'shot in the dark:' have you looked into these? Virtual Audio Cables

Good luck.

DF

UFX+, ADI-648, Win 10, i7 10 core 3Ghz 64 Gb, Cubase 9, PT 12.8

5 (edited by Denis31 2012-04-19 09:46:06)

I know it for long - I own a copy - but results are impredictable. Works quite well on a PC with Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1, but I couldn't make it work with my RME setup: clicks, pop and clicks... HeadScratch
In fact VAC would be perfect IF ONLY it can be seriously synchronized to the audio hardware, which is not the case.

There is Jack, good luck with installation...
http://jackaudio.org/faq

Thank you for the link, I hadn't given it a try yet.

For RME dev staff: is my suggestion foolish ?

I've got another one by the way, that could be easier to implement: input channels 3-6 (dedicated to AI4S) could appear as virtual channels usable for loopback even if AI4S is not present.

Thank you in advance for your response wink