Topic: Fireface 800 and Octamic sync

It's been a couple years since I used my recording setup and during that time I've switched from using a PC to a Mac and am getting setup for recording.

My hardware configuration is still intact with the Fireface Word Clock out via BNC to the Octamic Word Clock in with the termination switch engaged.  The Octamic switches 1 & 2 are both in the down position per documentation and the Octamic is connected to the FF800 via ADAT aux out on the Octamic to ADAT1 on the FF800.

In the FF settings I have the FF set as master, Word Clock selected as the sync ref and Single Speed selected for the Word Clock Out setting.

What I don't recall is whether or not it's normal for the FF settings to show ADAT1 as Sync but Word Clock to No Lock and the front of the FF800 with ADAT1 lit up but again, not Word Clock.

Should Word Clock be showing as Sync instead of ADAT1?

Thank you,

Bob

Re: Fireface 800 and Octamic sync

You are using the FF's word clock output. LEDs and status displays all refer to inputs...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Fireface 800 and Octamic sync

RME Support wrote:

You are using the FF's word clock output. LEDs and status displays all refer to inputs...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Daniel.  So everything that I described is normal and while there's no visible status indicating that Wordclock is being used, it is indeed active? 

Thanks again,

Bob