Topic: Setting up Pro Tools I/O with 2 HDSP(e) series cards and 2 digifaces

Hi all,
Having some issues getting this to hum and sing like I want. Looking for help. This is all on Mac OS 10.7.3 LION

Goal: Configure Pro Tools 10, 2 RME HDSP(e) cards, Totalmix, 2-Digiface boxes -> Mytek converters so I can have the following discrete inputs and outputs at 88.2k or 96k.
1) 16 discrete inputs
2) 24 discrete outputs

For some odd reason my cards are showing up as Hammerfall(1) and Hammerfall(4). I am sure about the (1) and (4) but not sure if it says Hammerfall. Will have to check that when I am back at the studio today.

Problem: I was working on the output side yesterday and I appear to be missing channels of output in the scheme. Output does not appear to be output to the 2nd card at all. I know that Pro Tools has an I/O screen.  I put the two cards together as a pro tools aggregate.
Pro tools sees each card as 26 channels each. Guess they are including the spdif. I only want to use the ADAT. 

The only output channels I have properly working are channels 9-12. Everything else is not working. I am guessing it is a routing issue on my end, but I seemed a bit lost in the haze.

Solutions: 
1) Please chime in if you can provide software or firmware updates that I need to verify I have installed.
2) Can provide screen prints of how to properly configure pro tools 10, total mix and my digiface boxes to get this functionality
3) any other suggestions to get this up and working.

Thanks for your help
Ollie

Re: Setting up Pro Tools I/O with 2 HDSP(e) series cards and 2 digifaces

PT has a limit of 32 simultaneous I/O channels, so you'll never get beyond that without moving to PT HD and using Avid hardware. As for the other issue, it sounds like you have activated SPDIF mode for ADAT 1 on the second Digiface.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
I have the complete tool kit so I am guessing I should get at least 32 channels in and 32 channels out. So my friend, how do I deactivate SPDIF mode for ADAT 1

HDSP Settings app.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I will take a look at it.  Is their an online manual with screen shots of HDSP screens?

I will have to do some more testing, but changing the SPDIF to coaxial seemed to clear the problem up.  Thanks so much, and I will let you know if I run into any other snags. 

Ollie smile

Still having issues with this. Only getting 12 channels out of my 2 card system. Need 24 channels at 96k  I did watch the totalmix tutorials last night, and I will try and get this right today. In case I run into some problems, is there anyone available today to speak with on the RME side?  I have some work that needs to get done, so I need to get the studio functioning fully functioning.

Thanks
Jeff

Well, I successfully have 18 channels at 24/96 of output occurring, but I cannot successfully map the remaining channels to my RME cards.
Here is what I found
1. I made an aggregate of for my two HDSPe cards.  When I tell pro tools to use the default, ProTools maps them to  Input and output 1 - 26 for each card.  Ok, so I renamed the second cards inputs and outputs to see what I have. 
2. I have left all channels as pro tools saw the cards in place as to not confuse the situation. 
3. Everything is properly wordclocked together. The two digifaces, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.