Topic: FF800 Zero latency monitoring

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone can help me - I would like to set up zero latency monitoring using my FF800 and Logic 8 on my iMac. I think you can do this via total mix, but I'm not sure. Did I get total mix with my FF800?

Any help much appreciated?

Thanks
Alexei

Re: FF800 Zero latency monitoring

Just wondered if anyone can help me - I would like to set up zero latency monitoring using my FF800 and Logic 8 on my iMac. I think you can do this via total mix, but I'm not sure. Did I get total mix with my FF800?

Yes. TotalMix (classic) is built into the Fireface 800. Zero Latency monitoring through hardware is possible with every RME interface.

Please have a look on our TotalMix tutorial videos on the RME Youtube channel.

best regards
Knut

Make sure Software Monitoring is NOT enabled in Logic.

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

4 (edited by alexei 2011-07-02 06:26:20)

Thanks Knut the videos were really useful and cheers for the tipoff redlogic.

And apologies for the newbie question! I have used the Fireface mixer before but found it a bit confusing, the youtube clips make it much clearer - also wasn't sure if I had an older version as it's called FF Mixer on my mac not Totalmix...

Thanks again for your help

EDIT:
works like an absolute dream! Set up a MIDI controller for talkback, mute, dim, monitor mixes to control room etc . I love it!! Soo much better than other audio interface software I have used like Presonus for example.

Hi All

After looking through the forum for a while I had to bump this thread. Since I updated my OS to Snow Leopard (I know, I am a luddite!) I had to update the version of TotalMix and the FF800 firmware. I now seem to have lost all MIDI control of my FF800!

Am I missing something? Please tell me that I can control talkback, dim etc from my MIDI controller like I used to. Surely RME would not <i>remove</i> this functionality on purpose?

If anyone knows how I can do this with the latest mac driver and firmware, please help me - I cannot seem to find a way.

Apologies of this has been covered elsewhere, I had a lok and could not find it.

Cheers
Alexei

can anyone help? moderators??

Did you see the manual chapter on MIDI not working?
Please check and report back.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME