Topic: Will RME make DURec function available for Babyface later?

As title says, is it possible technically? I think it would be a wonderful idea and will work great market wise. What do you guys think?

Re: Will RME make DURec function available for Babyface later?

Not possible technically - the BF simply does not have the required connection. Also, no standalone operation and no suitable display and controls...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Will RME make DURec function available for Babyface later?

Thanks for the insight, Daniel! I'd seriously consider UFX then... I just got a pair of Neumann TLM 103 which I think will work great with DURec for live concerts recording. But otherwise I don't take much advantage of UFX over Babyface presently in my stereo studio. I'm considering a big upgrade of my personal studio within 5 years though when I'd build an 8.1 monitoring system with RME and Genelec products. I guess I'll have to use the headphone output for subwoofer by then! Any insight about the impact of an unbalanced subwoofer? Or will RME consider providing more balanced outputs in later upgrade of the fireface line? 10 (actually 9) channels or 8 channels plus a dedicated balanced subwoofer output would be perfect! Additional DA device is just not preferable for me...