Topic: Problem with loading TotalMix with UFX

I just purchased a new Fireface UFX, and had it running a few days. I uploaded the new drivers, and it seemed to work fine.
After I shut down the computer (PC - quad core I7 processor) and restarted the Fireface I got an error message saying there was something wrong with the driver.
I could no longer get the totalmix to appear.
Subsequent, I have reloaded windows 7 (a frustrating affair) and then redid the original setup with the UFX.
I still got the same errors.
I am not sure what happened, but now the UFX is unuseable. Have you seen this, and what can I do?

Re: Problem with loading TotalMix with UFX

What is the exact error message?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Its a very simple pop-up message as follows;
HEADING of the POP-UP is TotalMix FX
message is: "TotalMix FX has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
and then there is a Close Program tab to click.
Please note that the TotalMix window appears for a few seconds, and then it "Grays out" and then the above message pops up. I have taken a picture of this, but don't know how to attach it, nor if its necessary to attach.
Thank You.

TM FX will not work if its version does not match the firmware of the UFX. Please give all the version numbers of firmware and drivers that you use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How do I get that information? I downloaded the update drivers and firmware off the site.
Note that after the failure, I didn't know how to get to the driver and tried reloading drivers (without any success) so I reinstalled Windows. After reinstalling Windows, I still got the same message.
I am going to try the UFX on another computer. See what happens. I just purchased this unit new one week ago.
I will keep plugging away at it.
Have you seen this happen before?
thanks

Please provide exact version numbers of firmware and drivers that you have downloaded.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Again, How can I provide the exact version numbers of firmware and drivers that I downloaded. I used the RME site to download the Windows 7 - 64bit versions. How do I check the Fireface UFX and computer to tell you the exact versions? Can I find this information on the Fireface UFX screen?
Yesterday I tried the UFX on another computer (it was running Vista), and then back on the original computer (which I now reformatted), this is a new reasonably powerful computer.
After numerous tries at various things, I have the TotalMix starting, however, I do not have control on the totalmix window size, so I cannot see all the devices (I lose site of hardware input ADAT 12 and up) as they are behind the Software input cards, in 2 line display mode. I cannot maximize the screen in either 2 line or 3 line display mode.
When powering the Fireface UFX, I get a SW 1.12 on the power-up display. Does this help any?
I am going to try to reload some of the drivers from the RME site, see if this works any better.

Yes, that helps, and it is fully outdated. The current one should say 149. And that is most probably the reason that TM FX crashed.

Your question about the downloaded drivers - the driver archive includes a readme...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME