Topic: Babyface LED bands creating high pitched frequencies.

Hi there.

Whenever the LED bands in my Babyface are activated to show the gain, they create a high pitched frequency in my audio. This happens if I select Input, Output or Headphones. If I speak into the mic for instance, as soon as the LED lights up to match my voice, there is an annoying highpitched frequency sound with it.  Same thing on playback.   Another example - when the LED lights are blinking this noise blinks on and off with them.

When the LED is not active, this high pitched sound isn't there.  So I have to select Output and push in the wheel button to make sure the LED band isn't active when I record. But if I'm using the LED to track volume, this high pitched sound is very bad - it seems the electrical current used to turn them on is the obvious culprit. I hope this makes sense.  But nonetheless, I can't record when the LED band is active because this unwanted high pitched noise enters into my recordings.

Is this a problem with my Babyface? Or is my computer the problem? One of the original problems I had with this computer was that the onboard USB slots let is a weird high pitched cyclic hum when i first installed the Babyface, which isn't the same as what I'm hearing with the LED band lights, and the former problem was constant. So I purchased an  USB card and it seems to have cured that first issue.

Re: Babyface LED bands creating high pitched frequencies.

Not something I have heard of, I'm afraid...

Please return the unit for service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Babyface LED bands creating high pitched frequencies.

I suspect this is an issue with my electrical or my computer. I installed the Babyface on a laptop to test it and it didn't have this issue. When I brought it back into the studio with the desktop that originally had the issue, the issue was gone. However, before this all happened there was a low end hum coming into the sound that I  linked to our heat pump heating system (the fan on the pump was on), and when I turned it off I noticed this LED problem. But after leaving it off for a bit doing my tests on the laptop, perhaps it discharged. I dunno I'm just guessing but it hasn't happened again as of yet. If it does I'll bring it in to the store for servicing.