Topic: CLOCK ISSUES with Digi 9652 Two adat connected

Hello

First post here.
I still am a mac OS9 user running Cubase VST 5.1, with the maximum ram given to the software.

I have an issue with an old Digi 9636/52 card (recently bought used).
Initially, I have only connected the card via ONE adat only (Fostex VC-8 converter) and everything was working good.

Lately, I have connected the second adat (same converter) and I started to have clock problems.
Unluck to me, paypal "claim time" is over, so I have to work this issue by myself…

Both the converters were setting to "Clock>optical" and the card as "master".
Then, I tried to switch the card to "autosync" and the converter's clock source as "internal".

Clock problems are still alive.
SPDIF connection is not working properly (as described in the website specs for the 1.6 version…my version).

May someone here have a solution for this issue?
Is there any chance that card can can be broken?
If yes, is there any chance to ship the card to Rme headquarter to have it checked and repaired?

Now, I have resumed my old 96/8 and (thanks god) evrything is working fine, (one adat only...sigh) but is my intention to "keep alive" the digi 9652

Thanks in advance to everyone that will give me an help.
(sorry for the not perfect english).

VSTOS9

Re: CLOCK ISSUES with Digi 9652 Two adat connected

Could you be more specific about the nature of these "clock problems"?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by VSToS9 2012-04-30 12:28:58)

After 3-5 minutes of an intense session, (CPU 40%), sonnet 1.8 ghz processor, 1 gb ram (quicksilver mac). the signal starts to "crip, crack" and stops to do it only if I switch "on and off" one of the phisical BUS output in the VST master mixer.
The issues repeats at regular time intervals.
The session is "mixed"; cubase VST instruments and reason on a second mac (midi sent via radium USB midi out to the second machine).
if playing midi only, obviously no prblems at all.
When switching on audio tracks the problem comes out.
Midi sync is also sent to reason in the "syncronization" window.
Could it be enough?

Thanks for now!

4 (edited by VSToS9 2012-04-30 12:43:36)

Add on: latency is set to 1024