Topic: FF800 and ADA8000

Hi

I recently bought the Behringer ADA8000 to connect via ADAT to my Fireface 800 so I can get the 8 extra line inputs

I have connected ADAT-out of the ADA8000 to ADAT in-1 on the FF and I can see levels for every new channel in the FF mixer, so I know the sound is getting in there.

The problem is I cannot get these tracks to record in Logic 9 because the FF mixer is acting more like a monitoring channel instead of the audio being routed into Logic in the usual way.

Obviously there is some routing I have done wrong in the software but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Any ideas ?

many thanks

Paul

Logic 9
OSX 10.6.8

Re: FF800 and ADA8000

Hello,

no routing whatsover in the mixer is required for the recording path from the input to the application. If a signal is visible in Totalmix, it is accessible to the software. If not, then the input configuration in Logic is incorrect. Please be more specific about the problem than "can not record".

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Possibly check in the control panel that the FW bandwidth is not limited to "analog and AES" channels only?

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

I think you should also connect the word clock out of the FF800 to the WC in of the ADA8000 for best synchronization. (RME correct me if i am wrong...)

It actually seems to be working now..I've no idea why as nothing changed ?? I'll try the word clock idea as I was getting a conflict last time I used it of 48k against 44 ? or so Logic told me.

No need for the word clock, just set the small dip switch on the back to slave.

If the connection is only ADAT from AD to FF, then the FF will need to sync to the ADA. With ADAT connections both way (or WCK from FF to ADA), the FF can be Master. But this does not affect the basic audio signal path...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME