Topic: High Latency in Cubase with Rme 9632

Hey,

i've got a problem with my new Soundcard Rme 9632.
First, I don't know how to route my Cubase Channels on the 32-Channels of the Rme 9632, because when i'm using 5 ore more Channels with many effects or simply a Vst(Nexus, etc), i've get an overload of my cpu/asio-memory. so if there's anybody who can help me to use the Totalmix software with Cubase, it will be helpful.

My system is simply win7 ultimate, 2x 2,0 Ghz Processors and 2048 Ram. I think it's maybe better to buy a new Cpu and some more Ram to fix this problem.

Before i had bought the Rme, i've read that i can use this card with low latency and without any overloads of the cpu because of the ASIO Zero CPU Load Technology.... and i know that's right, if you know how you can connect and set up the Rme correctly.

Second, i want to use my microphone with the Rme. I've got two Xlr-Inputs on my card(with adapters) but one xlr is left Audio input and the other Right Audio Input. So i thought that i need a Y-Cable to use the Mic or can i use my mic on one Input but Stereo?

Hope you can help me with this Problem, otherwise i will certainly buy a new Motherboard with some Extra Ram and a Quadcore.

Thx

newcomerx

Re: High Latency in Cubase with Rme 9632

newcomerx wrote:

First, I don't know how to route my Cubase Channels on the 32-Channels of the Rme 9632, because when i'm using 5 ore more Channels with many effects or simply a Vst(Nexus, etc), i've get an overload of my cpu/asio-memory. so if there's anybody who can help me to use the Totalmix software with Cubase, it will be helpful.

There is no interaction between the RME mixer and Cubase internal effects or plugins. No "routing" will reduce the CPU load

My system is simply win7 ultimate, 2x 2,0 Ghz Processors and 2048 Ram. I think it's maybe better to buy a new Cpu and some more Ram to fix this problem.

Probably the best route to take.

Before i had bought the Rme, i've read that i can use this card with low latency and without any overloads of the cpu because of the ASIO Zero CPU Load Technology.... and i know that's right, if you know how you can connect and set up the Rme correctly.

No... The card does not take over any CPU load from Cubase, it does not render plugins etc.

Second, i want to use my microphone with the Rme. I've got two Xlr-Inputs on my card(with adapters) but one xlr is left Audio input and the other Right Audio Input. So i thought that i need a Y-Cable to use the Mic or can i use my mic on one Input but Stereo?

A microphone signal is mono. But the card's inputs are not meant for microphones, there is no preamp and no phantom power.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Before i had bought the Rme, i've read that i can use this card with low latency and without any overloads of the cpu because of the ASIO Zero CPU Load Technology....

There is a misunderstanding. Every audio channel on an audio card needs processing power - from the CPU. This was usually only a small problem with 2 or even 8-channel cards. But with the introduction of RME's revolutionary high-channel cards, like the legendary Hammerfall series, it needs a special technology to save the CPU from this load: the ASIO Zero CPU Load technology. No CPU power is needed for the transfer of audio channels. A great solution to make high-channel audio interfaces possible.

But this has nothing to do with VST or other native plugins. Every software effect will be still calculated on the CPU of the host system and this means a powerful CPU, harddisc and plenty of RAM will help to get a lot of them.

Btw. On the latest interfaces RME uses even more sophisticated technologies to free the CPU from the channel load as the classic ASIO Zero CPU load. See the HDSPe MADI FX with 390 audio channels.

best regards
Knut

Thank both, for the fast reply.
So you say, it's better to buy a new CPU, Ram-memory and a big harddisk to stop the annoying overloads?
Okay now i get it big_smile The Vsti I use in Cubase is based on the Hardware like cpu, ram etc... and when i want to use a mixing panel with some Channels i've got the musical Input with zero cpu overload?

Thanks a lot
newcomerx

newcomerx wrote:

So you say, it's better to buy a new CPU, Ram-memory and a big harddisk to stop the annoying overloads?

Yes, definitely.

Some system tuning might help, too:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5462

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME