Topic: Laptop Dell Vostro 3750 and HDSPe ExpressCard - BlueScreen

hello,
I recently bought a Dell Vostro 3750 (I7 + 8GB RAM + 2670QM Windows 7 Pro 64) and one HDSPe ExpressCard for my Digiface (I had a PCMCIA on my old configuration). I updated the BIOS (A12) and W7. It's been a week since I try to install HDPSe with the latest drivers and even with an old driver RME proposed on the site but without success. The serial number of my HDSPe ExpressCard is 23317783. It is well recognized by Windows 7 but once the driver is installed the system slow and freezes alternating and sometimes a blue screen shows "a problem has-been detected ... / ... hpsp_64.sys - Address FFFFF8800EB732ce base at FFFFF8800EB6A000 DateStamp 4ed8913b ... ". I see the RME icon (the red one and the miw table) in the taskbar but I can not open them, I also can not update the firmware of the HDSPe because the program does not run (I turned off the anti-virus and firewall) ... I also disabled the Realtek sound card via Windows machine because in the bios there is no possibility to disable the sound card Original ...
I don't know what is the problem. The RME driver? The computer? The HDSPe? Windows7?
If you have suggestions, or the best solution ... Please, help me ...
Thanks a lot.

Re: Laptop Dell Vostro 3750 and HDSPe ExpressCard - BlueScreen

As can be found in this forum:

- disable all power saving features for PCI and PCIe in the BIOS and in Windows
- start the notebook with the card already inserted
- pray to the almighty powers at Dell to finally build computers that can be used for audio

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC for your reply,

I disabled all the power saving features in windows, cause in the bios there is no "power saving feature...".
I started the notebook with the card already inserted (as I did all the last times...)
...but I do not pray to the almighty powers at Dell (may be this is the solution...)

Now I have no freezes, but after installing the driver and after restart the HDSPe has disappeared from Device Manager while the icons of the DSP and mixer are present in the residents.
If you have other suggestions, do not hesitate ...
I do not really know what to do ... it was difficult thing to find a laptop with express card and an intel I7 ... And it does not work ... :-(
Thanks.

Hello,

Another attempt after trying the advice of MC and others on this forum regarding my Dell Vostro 3750 and my ExpressCard DIGIFACE ... I can not change the firmware of my Expresscard because as I have explained to you, after installing the driver must restart the machine and it is here that the blue screen (loved by all!) My serial number is 23317783 ExpressCard. I do not know the number of the firmware, maybe it is not updated. If I get a chance and opportunity to find someone to lend me a machine with an ExpressCard slot on which I can install the driver and update the firmware, do you think it could solve my problem or can be that the firmware updates do not support this kind of incompatibility?

Thanks a lot...

Hi,

i did not get the PCI Express card to run on a dell laptop. The BIOS did not allow to turn of power management for the express card and it did not seem that dell cared about this issue. i had to send back the dell and ordered an lenovo t420 instead. with deactivated power management in bios it runs very well.

cheers
swe

Hello
I made the same experiences , Error - disconnect of my Multiface I in the DSP settings during the first seconds of operation - and sometimes Bluescreen with hdsp_64.sys message.
Equipment:
-Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad E520 with core I5 processor and WIN 7/64
-Multiface I
-HDSPe ExpressCard 34slot - driver version 327

Solution:
Bios Settings - " Power-PCI Express Power Management - disabled " solved the problem, works fine now!

Regards

If your BIOS does not offer such an option make sure to use the "High Performance" Windows power-profile, not the default Balanced one.