Topic: More separated topics

hello,

it would be nice if topics are separated for each kind of interface, no ? it would be better for search and view. That is the problem of the Newsgroup.
There's no thousand of references so it could be separated :  firewire interface, PCI interface, discontinued products, for example. Or more : by products.

Opinions ?

Phil

- UCX - Fireface 400 - Sequoia v11.2 -

Re: More separated topics

Sorry, but we?ve decided to install only two product subforums (yet). It?s simply a matter of efficiency for the RME guys not to navigate through manifold subforums multiple times every day.

regards
Knut

thanx Knut, I understand.

Another thing about the forum, after read a subforum, click on Index (not return) to return to the index of the forum, and the subforums still have yellow icon, not grey, even if I have read all the topics ... forum bug ? or Firefox only problem ...?

Thanx
Phil

- UCX - Fireface 400 - Sequoia v11.2 -

4 (edited by clAUDIO 2007-05-15 19:08:35)

Phil wrote:

thanx Knut, I understand.

Another thing about the forum, after read a subforum, click on Index (not return) to return to the index of the forum, and the subforums still have yellow icon, not grey, even if I have read all the topics ... forum bug ? or Firefox only problem ...?

This seems not to be fixed until today...
[edit] seems to be a firefox problem. IE shows correct icons. [/edit]

Sorry, but we?ve decided to install only two product subforums (yet). It?s simply a matter of efficiency for the RME guys not to navigate through manifold subforums multiple times every day.

Understandable. But the RME-Support could use the "Show all new topics since last visit" on the Index-Page to get all new Topics on screen without navigating through the subforums.
Would be much more clearly arranged if there were different forums for "HDSP" and "Firewire" topics.

Best,
Claudio

clAUDIO wrote:

Understandable. But the RME-Support could use the "Show all new topics since last visit" on the Index-Page to get all new Topics on screen without navigating through the subforums.
Would be much more clearly arranged if there were different forums for "HDSP" and "Firewire" topics.

Best,
Claudio

I agree with that.

Fabian

Fabian Frank - Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR
www.arcantus-musikproduktion.de
www.arcantus.de

FFrank wrote:

I agree with that.

I don't. What's the point? Next, you want separate fora for Fireface 400 and 800... And for Multiface and Digiface.. For the grey and blue models ;-))

And where do all the questions go that don't really belong in either, like stuff about Digicheck of Word Clock or PCIe or whatever? Into the Premium Line forum, where they'd belong even less? I think it's enough to have one forum for general issues and one for specific Premium Line issues, which will be of no interest to  HDSP/Frieface users.

In the general forum, clear subject lines will help separate topics, you can choose to read what interests you and ignore the rest...

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Na gut ;-)

Fabian Frank

Fabian Frank - Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR
www.arcantus-musikproduktion.de
www.arcantus.de